Website Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church
Job Description for Senior Pastor
Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church (TJCAC) is seeking a Senior Pastor to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership for the whole church consisting of 4 Congregations (Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Young Life) in 3 languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, English). TJCAC is located in East Scarborough. The Senior Pastor will lead the pastoral team, elders and lay leaders to discern and follow God’s direction. TJCAC aligns with the Alliance Canada Vision Prayer, “O God, with all our hearts, we long for You. Come, transform us to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused people, multiplying disciples everywhere.” 「上帝啊，我們全心全意地渴慕祢。來吧，改變我們，以致我們能成為以耶穌基督為中心，以聖靈為能力， 以宣教為焦點的人，到世界各地培植更多門徒。」
The Senior Pastor will lead the team of elders and pastors to shepherd the church, preach and teach the Word of God, and provide oversight of all ministries and church life to fulfill our mission and vision. Mission: TJCAC is called to Deeper Life in Christ and is sent further in Missions. Vision: TJCAC is being transformed into covenant people – Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused people – who are called and sent by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Lead the Elder Board in corporately discerning God’s direction, casting vision to the whole Church, aligning all ministries with church mission, vision and values, maintaining the unity of the Spirit under the Lordship of Christ.
- Discipling a Spirit-empowered Leadership Team by leading, training, coaching, and mentoring the pastoral staff, elders and deacons to multiply disciples.
- Oversee all ministries and church life of TJCAC through working with Ministry Pastors and elders.
- Oversee all congregational worship, meeting the spiritual needs of the Church and the Community through delegating and coordinating with all pastoral staff the ministries of preaching, teaching, training, mentoring, praying, evangelizing, visiting, counseling, and planning.
- Provide leadership, supervision and set an example to the pastoral team to implement ministry plans and provide pastoral care in alignment with church mission, vision and values.
- Conduct regular evaluation of ministry effectiveness and develop innovative plans for growth with elders and pastors.
- Facilitate staff meetings for prayer, fellowship, and staff development.
- Supervise and manage the pastoral team to fulfill their pastoral duties including conducting worship services, baptism, communion, visitations, funerals, weddings, counseling, on-site duties, etc.
- Work closely with Elder Board on matters of staffing and recruitment
- As Chair of the Pastoral Staff and Chair of the Elder Board, act as the official representative and spokesperson for TJCAC in communicating and dealing with outside partner organizations, e.g. the Alliance Canada, Eastern Central District, Canadian Chinese Alliance Churches Association, Toronto Chinese Evangelical Ministerial Fellowship, etc.
- Mature faith in Jesus Christ producing the fruit of godly character, submitting to authority, exercising authority but not domineering (1 Peter 5:3), with a clear calling to serve the church.
- With a shepherd heart, passionate and committed to deeper life in Christ, and to go further in Missions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and takes initiative. Strong team player to work well with the pastoral and ministry leadership teams. With good interpersonal skills in team building of volunteers and equipping of leaders.
- Ability to work in a multi-congregational church organization, managing conflicts, and problem solving.
- Ability to adapt to change, embrace innovation and creativity. Good understanding of the challenges and opportunities in a digital world.
- Able to meet the requirements for accreditation with the Alliance Canada. Supports the Alliance Canada Vision, Statement of Faith and Mission.
- Have the gift and passion for preaching and biblical teaching.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a local church or a Christian organization.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and able to communicate in Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
If you are interested to apply for this vacancy, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit our website at https://tjcac.org .