Website Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church
Church Administrative Assistant – Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church (TJCAC)
Summary of Role:
- TJCAC is located in East Scarborough, and consists of 4 congregations, speaking 3 languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, English).
- This role provides administrative support and coordinates operational processes and procedures for the Pastoral Staff, the Elder Board, and their respective ministry teams.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative support services ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of TJCAC. This includes administrative, logistical, and financial processes.
- Reporting to the pastoral staff and the Elder Board, the incumbent will work with all ministry leaders on a day-to-day basis on all church related matters.
- The incumbent provides a wide variety of administrative and ministry support to the church.
- The incumbent must be a self-starter and possess the ability to exercise good judgment and be able to work independently to maintain his/her workload.
- The incumbent must be able to work well under pressure, with limited supervision and flexibility to go above and beyond when required to meet deadlines.
- The incumbent must possess excellent work ethics including a positive attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality, while providing constructive feedback or offer suggestions on any areas of improvement.
- Provide dedicated administrative support to the Pastoral Staff, the Elder Board, and their respective ministry teams.
- Prioritize and redirect mail and telephone calls as appropriate.
- Maintain and update church statistics such as offering and attendance records.
- Maintain and update electronic and physical church files and records.
- Maintain and update Church Member database and contact lists.
- Manage all office machines leases and maintenance.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and documents.
- Prepare cheque requisitions for approval and payment of invoices.
- Assist in updating the church website.
- Maintain a small petty cash and update ledger from time to time.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies, as necessary.
- Provide miscellaneous admin support, including but not limited to, photocopying, couriers, and hand deliveries.
Job Specifications and Scope of Responsibility:
- Prepare weekly prayer items and worship bulletins, including the collection of announcements, translating, editing, and formatting for the Chinese congregations.
- Coordinate Cantonese worship service specifics with the Cantonese Elder, the speaker, the AV team, the choir, and the ushers, including the preparation of Holy Communion items.
- Assist in coordinating, translating, editing, proofreading, and desktop publishing of the Church Annual Report.
- Work with all ministry leaders in preparing correspondence, PowerPoint, and promotional materials, as required.
- Assist with all matters related to Annual General Meetings including the printing of AGM Agenda, Active Membership List, financial reports, and voting ballots.
- Prepare certificates, gifts, records and documents for baptism and membership transfers.
- Coordinate with Joint Event Committee on all matters related to special events and assist in the preparation and printing of flyers.
- Prepare bulletins for special events such as weddings and funerals.
- Arrange for flower delivery to funeral service.
- Assist in all other special or urgent events of the church as assigned by the Elder Board.
- Maintain and coordinate the booking of church facilities.
- Coordinate church rentals with outside parties.
- Coordinate and maintain records for church keys.
- Ensure the Sanctuary is kept in good order and replenish supplies such as offering envelopes, newcomers’ packages, pamphlets, hymns, and bibles.
- Report all issues re church building and usages to Elders, Deacons, and Facilities Management Team.
- Prepare church report/survey to C&MA Head Office.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the Pastoral Staff, Elders or Deacons.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, plus advanced training in administrative support is preferred; college degree is desirable.
Five or more years of administrative support experience.
Experience in a church office environment would be an asset.
Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Zoom and Adobe PDF.
Must be fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s experience.
July 18, 2022.
All employees recognize that TJCAC is a church. They must accept and maintain a positive attitude toward Christian ethics and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of TJCAC to behave in a fashion that is contrary to same.
To apply, please send your application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com