Pastor- Cantonese Speaking Ministry
Ottawa Chinese Alliance Church (OCAC) is a caring family of Christ followers that spans generations and across different languages, English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. The vision of the church as God’s family allows the three congregations to develop a strong sense of community. Our mandate is to preach a holistic Gospel that includes evangelism, shepherding all members, empowering emerging leaders, and reaching out to the needy and oppressed in the community.
OCAC is seeking a pastor for the Cantonese Speaking congregation.
- Exhibits a genuine passion and love for God above all else.
- Has a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a strong prayer life and a teachable spirit.
- Has a faith that is firmly grounded in Scripture.
- Is called to ministry, loves people and passionate to lead members to spiritual maturity.
- Missions and outreach-minded with a heart to reach out to the lost.
- Strong leadership skills (taking CSM to the next phase of growth in collaboration with the Senior Pastor)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to minister to a diverse congregation that includes seniors, middle age, young adults, singles, couples and families with children.
- A Master’s degree in Divinity/Theology from an accredited Bible college/University/Seminary is preferred.
- Five years of North American pastoral experience in a Cantonese-speaking congregation is preferable but other working experience plus ministry experience is acceptable under certain
- Fluency in Cantonese is essential (both written and oral) for preaching and teaching, and conducting meetings. Good command of written and oral English is required for effective communication at the Board of Elders meetings and with other English-speaking members.
For more information, please contact the Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website at ottawacac.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com