Website Markham Chinese Alliance Church
Position Description: Cantonese Ministries Pastor
Markham Chinese Alliance Church.
Markham Chinese Alliance Church is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as full-time Pastor of Cantonese Ministries.
MCAC is a church of approximately 200 people worshipping in three congregations: Cantonese, Mandarin, and English. The Cantonese congregation is the founding congregation of the church which is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2021. The Cantonese congregation has an approximate weekly attendance of 90 people in Sunday services.
The successful candidate will serve under the direction of the Senior Pastor and alongside the Pastors of English Ministries, Mandarin Ministries, and Children’s Ministries. He will give direction and oversight to the ministries of the Cantonese congregation of the church.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in formal theological studies.
- Will be ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance or in a like-minded church denomination.
- Will be in complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of Markham Chinese Alliance Church and The Alliance Canada.
- Will have a minimum of ten years of ministry experience including at least five years of experience serving a Cantonese speaking congregation.
- Will be able to communicate effectively in English as well as Cantonese.
- Will have a proven ability to work well in a team setting.
Applicants for this position may submit a resume to Rev. Dr. Bruce Edwards at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org